Rava or semolina crusted pomfret fish fry is an authentic spicy, crunchy Indian recipe. It’s really easy to make, and will force you to lick your fingers!
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 6
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Mid Spicy
- Pomfrets 6 medium size
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1
- Red chilli powder 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 Tsp
- Green chilies
- Fish masala
- Garam masala powder 1 Tsp (optional)
- Lemon slices for garnishing
- Rava (semolina)
Making slits in the fish before marinating helps the masala penetrate inside, so it’s highly recommended.
- Wash pomfret, pat dry, cut its tail head and side wings.
- Make ginger garlic and coriander paste.
- Mix coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and fish masala in it, mix well and apply on fish.
- Take sooji or rice flour mix salt in it , and coat it on the fish,coat well from both the sides.
- Shallow fry from both the sides in nonstick pan for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Its ready to serve.