This is a typical Maharashtrian curry .
The most awesome thing about these is the sizzling lasun (Garlic) tadka. The aroma just amazing.
And My mom makes it awesome .
A very simple yet delicious fresh fenugreek leaves curry dish with minimal ingredients.
I served it in a typical Maharashtrian style with bajrichi/Naglichi/jwarichi bhakari .
This simple thali is a comfort food specially for my Mother- in-law during winters. She just loves it.
The curry has a typical taste of methi leaves , but is not bitter at all. This healthy green curry is easy to make and it is ready within 10-15 minutes.
It is beneficial recipe in pregnancy and delivery. And it helps in digestion,
It boos the immune system and protecting you against various infections.
Preparation Time…. 10 min.
Cooking Time……10 min
- 1 bunch of Fenugreek
- 2-4 green chilies
- 10-12 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Pinch of Asafoetida / Hing
- Salt to taste
- Clean the fenugreek .
- Discard the thick stems only.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly to remove dirt and impurities.
- Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan heat up oil.
- Add chopped garlic
- Once the garlic changed its color add green chillies and asafoetida .
- Add 3 cups of water approx. and salt to taste and allow it to boil on high flame.
- Once it boils, add methi leaves .
- Mix well , lower the flame and cover ,cook for 5-10 minutes and put off the flame.
- Serve methichi patal bhaji hot with chapati or Bhakri.
Healthy green vegies: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWhQ4hgKi3GZ8nVV2YRcB0xMLZm49690n